“When people see her portraits, I don’t want them to say, ‘Her makeup looks great.’ I want them to say, ‘Wow, she is so pretty!’ “
-Maddy Wilfley, Maddybird Makeup
This is Maddy, of Maddybird Makeup. A few things about her:
- She’s a licensed aesthetician.
- She’s also a writer.
- She loves makeup.
- She loves cats.
- She’s an aunt.
How she makes you gorgeous:
- She focuses first and foremost on getting you camera ready. She’ll get your skin tone nice and even and bright, and she’ll cover blemishes and under-eye circles. This helps cut down on editing time on my end, which means a quicker turn-around on your photos.
- She uses individual false lashes to help make your eyes pop, instead of the gaudy, full strip lashes. The individual lashes are so cool because even in the close-up photos, it looks like you have either eyelash extensions or just naturally amazing lashes.
- Her basic look that a lot of seniors go for is her “dressed-up natural” look. For this look, she doesn’t get crazy with the colors of the rainbow but instead uses natural tones to compliment your eye color. She’ll use a lot of blending to achieve a natural and really beautiful look. However, if you want something a little more smokey or glam, she is more than happy to oblige! She gets giddy when a senior asks for winged, black liner and red lips, or other fun looks.
- Photographic makeup is a lot heavier than your everyday makeup. Outside, in the natural sunlight, the camera picks up your makeup differently than your eyes see it. The sun washes out a lot of it. Maddy will put a lot more concealer and foundation on you than you would normally wear, and the same thing goes for the blush. And so, right after Maddy finishes with your makeup, you might look in the mirror and be like, “WOAH, that’s a lot of makeup!” But, when you see it in the photos, it’ll be just perfect.
If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to show Maddy a certain makeup look you’d like for your senior portraits, you can email her at email@example.com.